Since the Paul Popham Fund’s inception in March 2013 we have funded the following projects:
- 6 I-Pads for Morriston Hospital Renal Unit-this has allowed the patients to relax while on dialysis. A treatment can last from 3 hours to 8. While dialyzing the treatment can be uncomfortable and sometimes painful. Some patients are lucky enough to cope with the treatment while others find it increasingly difficult. I-Pads will help to distract them.
- 40 renal friendly recipe books and a cookery course using these patients with the books
- On the way – BCM Monitor, being funded in December 2015
- Medical Tables for renal patients in Morriston Renal Unit
- Children’s Dialysis Chair, being funded in January 2016
- 35 Magnifying lamps for home dialysis patients in South Wales.