Since the Paul Popham Fund’s inception in March 2013 we have funded the following projects:-
• We have provided Morriston Hospital Renal Unit with 6 iPads which has allowed the patients to relax while on dialysis. A treatment can last from 3-8 hours and while dialysing, the treatment can be uncomfortable and sometimes even painful. Some patients are lucky enough to cope well with the treatment while others find it increasingly difficult – these iPads provide a welcome distraction.
• We have been able to provide renal patients with 40 renal-friendly recipe books and a cookery course using these books.
• A BSM Monitor which is used to provide an accurate treatment prediction.
• Medical Tables for renal patients in Morriston Renal Unit.
• Children’s Dialysis Chair.
• 35 Magnifying lamps for home dialysis patients in South Wales.
• Cardiff Children’s Renal Unit asked us to provide educational tools so children do not miss out on their studies including laptops and personal tutors.