Due to the pandemic the annual Swansea Bay Summer Bay 5k Series was cancelled in May, June and July this year with the aim of rescheduling for August, September and October. Due to the uncertain climate we find ourselves in, we have taken the decision to run the 2020 series virtually!
The dates for the series are:
- Thursday 13th August 2020
- Thursday 10th September 2020
- Thursday 8th October 2020
The entry fee is:
- £7 per race
- £17 for all 3
- You will be 18 years or over at the time of the race.
- You will me medically fit.
- You are responsible for planning your own 5k route and that it must be 5k only, if shorter or longer your race may not be included in the results.
- You are responsible for ensuring that the route is safe and all risks have been considered.
- You will follow the Welsh Government and Public Health Wales guidance on safe distance, if found not to be following the guidance your entry will be disqualified.
- You can run your 5k race at anytime on race day.
- You will record your race on Strava or any other fitness app that can be uploaded and sent to the race organisers. The information sent has to record the following:
- Completed a 5k route
- The date
- Time to complete the distance
- Your name has to be the same name on your entry form
- You will send the entry on the race day. If the entry is sent after the day it will not be included in the results.
POST RACE INFORMATION
- Results will be uploaded to the Paul Popham Running Club Website and the events facebook page.
- If you complete all 3 events – completion means entered and sent proof for all 3 events – you will receive a series t-shirt at the end of the series.
- Each entrant will receive a certificate per race completed.
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed female and male winners for each event will receive a bottle of sparkles and there will be a bottle of sparkles for the overall series winners.
Huge shout out to our sponsors for the Virtual Series who are: Freedom leisure, ND John Wine & First 4 Numbers!