We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced fundraising professional with a growing and ambitious kidney health charity. The post holder will be responsible for developing and delivering a comprehensive fundraising strategy, working across a variety of income streams including Trusts & Foundations, Individual Giving, Legacies, Corporate Partnerships and Community & Events. We are looking for an all-rounder with a minimum of three years’ experience in fundraising with the ability to think ahead and set clear direction.
- Create, own and lead an overarching Fundraising Strategy in the context of the 5 year Strategic Plan.
- Maintain and grow existing and new relationships with individual donors, trusts, corporate donors, community groups and other funders, providing excellent supporter care across a range of fundraising streams.
- Research fundraising opportunities, develop cases for support and write grant applications to charitable trusts.
- Maximise regular giving income streams.
- Develop a robust and sustainable calendar of digital and face-to-face fundraising events.
- Develop legacy and “in memory” giving programmes.
- Stimulate, encourage and support fundraising activities carried out by individuals and community organisations.
- Identify opportunities to raise awareness of Paul Popham Fund including giving talks, attending local events, cheque presentations, conferences and networking events, working pro-actively with the media and acting as an ambassador for the charity.
- Support the charities Fundraising Committee to achieve their annual target, helping them to create a fundraising plan in line with the fundraising strategy, organise events and ideas that will support their plan
- Secure and record ‘gifts in kind’.
- Implement and manage a new CRM database to record the profile and fundraising activity of donors.
- Provide exemplary supporter care and cultivate a stewardship programme for higher value donors.
- Develop and lead a fundraising volunteer strategy including development of a community volunteer team.
- Actively manage the fundraising budgets and ensuring cost efficiencies and good ROI.
- Develop, and ensure effective implementation and compliance with, operational and administrative Standard Operating Procedures and policies.
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety policies and procedures in line with Paul Popham Fund and statutory standards and rules, ensuring the safety of all persons and pets on and off site at all times.
- Submit regular reports and attend Management Team and Trustees Board meetings as required with appropriate commentary and statistical information making appropriate recommendations.
- Educated to secondary school level.
- Full manual driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a fundraising role.
- Achieving annual fundraising targets, maintaining an acceptable ROI and developing/managing budgets.
- Generating funds from a range of supporters, including individuals, community groups, charitable trusts and local companies.
- Applying PR and marketing techniques in a fundraising environment, with a strong focus on digital channels.
- Building and managing successful working relationships across a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Working with a CRM database.
- Managing volunteers.
- Delivering high standards of donor care.
- Relevant degree level qualification or equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience
- Working or volunteering for a kidney health organisation.
- A wide contact base.
- Developing legacy and “in memory” giving programmes
- Proven ability to create, develop and implement a successful fundraising strategy and plan.
- Proven ability to develop excellent relationships with funders and donors.
- A good understanding of fundraising standards and regulatory requirements.
- Excellent communication skills across all levels, both written and verbal including presentation skills.
- Strong and effective networking skills across various environments to explore potential fundraising opportunities and generate new business.
- Good IT skills with a knowledge of Microsoft packages and ability to manage Paul Popham Fund’s CRM systems and databases.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with colleagues.
- A strong customer service focus.
- A professional empathy with the Paul Popham Fund Vision, Mission and Values.
- A self-starter, highly motivated and organised.
- Professional, proactive, positive and enthusiastic, with a strong work ethic and “can do” attitude.
- Capable of handling stressful situations while maintaining a positive demeanour.
- Able to exhibit excellent discretion and adhere to professional standards and confidentiality.
- Ability to work across different departments to ensure a fully joined-up approach.
- Committed to delivering high standards of customer service and be a genuine team player.
- Confident and able to work with little direction but understand the limits of your delegated authority.
- Reference ID: Fundraising Manager
Application deadline: 15th October 2020
Applications are invited via CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference ID: PPFFM20
Part-time hours: 37.5 per week
Expected start date: 01/11/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000.00-£25,000.00 per year
Working from home, hand sanitiser at the office, desk space 2metres apart