2021 Paul Popham Fund Design a Christmas Card Competition
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas.
Yes, It’s that time of year again! 197 days until the big day. We all need a bit of Christmas in our lives, whatever the time of year.
We are launching our Design a Christmas Card Competition and the winning design will appear on the front of the Paul Popham Fund Christmas Card. The winner will also receive a Staedtler Prize Bundle. (Ergosoft colouring pencils 24pk, Triplus fibre tips 20pk,Triplus fineliners 20pk)
All proceeds will help raise much needed funds for the refurbishment of the Children’s Kidney Centre, Cardiff which will make regular trips to the centre a more positive experience for our parents and children.
We want you to “Get Creative” or “Snap Happy” and produce a Christmas themed design for the front cover of our Christmas Card.
The competition is open to everyone, and you can produce your design in any way you wish – it could be a drawing, painting, collage or a photograph.
How to enter:
- You can produce your design in any way you wish – it could be a drawing, painting, collage or a photograph.
- Your design should preferably fit into a square shape on an A4 sheet to ensure it looks the same when reproduced.
- Send your design by email to email@example.com or post to Christmas Card Competition, Paul Popham Fund, Renal Support Wales, 11 Tawe Business Village, Enterprise Park, Swansea SA7 9LA – Please include your name, contact details, and your design.
- If you are in a school, college or further education please state the name on your entry
- We will accept the following file types: PDF, JPEG, TIFF, EPS. Please ensure that it is high resolution (300dpi) at actual size to ensure good quality print.
- The closing date for all entries is Tuesday 31st August 2021 at 5pm.
Judging will take place during the first week of September, with the winning entry selected by an expert panel made up of previous winners and education professionals. The Christmas cards are due to go on sale beginning of October.
- By entering the competition, entrants are giving Paul Popham Fund the right to use their design, copyright free.
- By entering the competition, the prize winner gives their agreement to publicity about their win (or if under 16 this needs to be given by parent / guardian).
- Participants must be based in the UK. Prizes will only be sent to a UK mainland address.
- One entry per person.
- The winner will be chosen by a judging panel of 4 people made up of previous winners and education professionals.
- The Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be contacted via email or post. The winners’ names will be displayed on our website and their name will appear on the card incorporating their design.
- Paul Popham Fund is compliant with the Data Protection Act 1998 and will not pass entrants’ details to a third party.
Jo Popham, our CEO, said:
‘’This competition is an annual favourite of ours! Thanks to one of our Peer Mentors, Pat Hill who created the competition in 2017 and remains an instrumental figure in its organisation and development. It is a special time of year where we all look forward to embracing the Spirit of Christmas! Let this Christmas Card Competition be a chance to look forward to a Festive Christmas at the end of a challenging period. ‘’
Anna Powell, Children and Youth Community Engagement Officer said:
"I am pleased to be part of the Design a Christmas Card Competition because it is not only my favourite time of the year, but I want to encourage people to release their creativity. More importantly, it will also raise much needed funds for the Children’s Kidney Centre."
We look forward to receiving your entries.