Kilometres for Kidneys – Wear Wally Walks Wales – 1st September -30th September 2021
After the success of Kilometres for Kidneys in March we are back by popular demand and we are launching Kilometres for Kidneys- Wear Wally Walks Wales on September 1st 2021. Dust off your trainers and put on your rucksack, this expedition will last from 1st September 2021 – 30th September 2021.
You can choose either to run, walk or jog the routes around Wales individually or take part in the Wear Wally Walks Wales Super Challenge.
There is an opportunity to select a variety of stage (s) around Wales individually and you will be responsible for submitting your mileage to Paul Popham Fund on a weekly basis.
With a little help from your friends, we also have a super challenge which will require a team effort and you will walk the circumference of Wales in one month. If you would like to take on this challenge and walk 1058 miles (1702.6kms), team-work will be key.
How to register
Click on the Event Brite Link and select the following :https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/166508247651
Entry Fee - Team
**Entry Requirements for the Team Challenge**
- Minimum of 10 members and maximum 20 members in a team
- Assign a team captain and give yourself a team name .
- The team captain will be responsible for submitting your mileage to Paul Popham Fund on a weekly basis.
**Once you have become part of a team , selected a name and a Team Captain. The Team Captain will create a group and state your Team name on Eventbrite under Group Registration. When you register you will need type in your Team Name and select the options below :
- Individual Team Entry Fees £20 per person – Wear Wally Hat, badges to mark significant stages along the route and a certificate
- Individual Team Entry Fee £15 per person – No Wear Wally Hat, badges to mark significant stages along the route and a certificate
Entry Fee – Individual
- Individual Entry Fee - £15 per person - Wear Wally Hat, finishers badge, and a certificate
- Individual Entry Fee - £10 per person- No Wear Wally Hat, finishers badge and a certificate
Individual Stage(s)to choose from - please select on the Eventbrite order form
You have one month to complete as many stages as you would like and submit your mileage to the Paul Popham Fund on a weekly basis
- Stage One - Mumbles to Crofty Gower – 39 miles/ 62.76 kms
- Stage Two- Carmarthen- 68 miles/ 109.4 kms
- Stage Three- Pembroke- 186 miles/ 299.33 kms
- Stage Four- Ceredigion- 70 miles/ 112.65 kms
- Stage Five- Menai, Llyn & Meirionydd Anglesey- 189 miles/ 304.1 kms
- Stage Six- Angelsey- 132 miles/212.4kms
- Stage 7- North Wales- 68 miles/ 109.4 kms
- Stage 8 Offas Dyke Path- 177 miles/ 284.85 kms
- Stage 9 Chepstow to Mumbles 129 miles/207.6kms
Total – 1058miles -1702.6km
Once registered you will receive a Kilometres for Kidneys Wear Wally Walks Wales pack which will give you all the hints and tips needed.
On completion of the individual or team challenge you will receive a Wear Wally Hat, Finishers Badge and Certificate. If you have entered as a team you will receive additional badges to mark significant milestone along the route.
Wear Wally and Paul Popham Fund look forward to hearing all your stories along the way
Good luck/ Pob Lwc from Wear Wally and Paul Popham Fund and thank you in advance for supporting our cause!